Electrical mistakes can happen easily and it’s every day mistakes that quickly land homeowners in deep water.
According to recent research, more than 80 million accidents happen in British homes each year causing injury or property damage due to unnecessarily risky behaviour.
Simple Electrical Mistakes That Endanger The Lives Of Homeowners
As electricians in Hertfordshire we come across these problems on an almost daily basis in peoples homes. If you are making any of these mistakes you are putting yourself at risk of electrical danger. Take a look at the list below to see what mistakes you could be making in your home. Any of these things could quickly land you in deep water and put you at serious risk of electric shock or injury:
1. Drying clothes on an electrical heater
2. Repairing an appliance while it is still plugged in
3. Leaving a hair straightener on unattended
4. Taking batteries out of smoke alarms to silence them
5. Drilling through wires in the wall to hang pictures
6. Trailing cables under a rug or carpet to keep them out of the way
7. Trying to dry objects that aren’t food in the microwave
8. Overloading electrical sockets and adapters
9. Using damaged electrical sockets that have burn marks on them
10. Using unregistered tradesmen
For further electrical safety advice within the home, check out one of our recent blog posts HERE.
Please do not hesitate to contact us HERE for all your electrical needs or for further electrical advice.